How to Save Money on Car Insurance
Insurance can be tricky. For example, you want to get the best rates, but you also want to be properly covered if something were to happen. How do you know if you have the right policy? As an independent insurance agency we have options to shop our different insurance companies for you in order to find the best coverage at the best rates. Since we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years, we know insurance. Therefore, we thought we would round up a few tips and tricks on ways to save money on your car insurance.
Car insurance cost saving tips and tricks
1. Multi-policy discounts – insurance companies offer multi-policy discounts if you bundle different types of insurance like home and auto with the same company
2. Multi-car discount – have more than one car that needs to be insured? There are discounts if you have multiple cars with a single provider.
3. Payment – there are potential discounts if you automate payments or go paperless
4. Good-driving discounts – Do you have a good driving record? There could be discounts if you have a certain amount of accident-free or claim-free years.
5. Car type – the type of car you drive will affect your car insurance cost. New cars and hybrid cars typically have lower car insurance premiums and if your car has safe driving technology that could also help you save.
6. Good-student discounts – potential good-student discounts based on the students GPA and other factors
Talk to a professional about your insurance
At Hoch Insurance in Fort Wayne and Leo, it is our goal to simplify insurance for you. We want to protect you and your family while also helping you get the best rates on your car insurance and other insurance needs like home, life, and business. Learn more on our website or contact us today and we would be happy to help.
It’s important to remember that insurance can be complicated. Sometimes the least expensive policy is not the best for your situation and would be detrimental to you if you find yourself in a claims situation. Make sure you have the proper coverage in place.